START with Business Modelling - Bachelor students support start-ups
"START with Business Modelling" is a cooperative project between the Institute for Innovation Management (IIM), the Institute of Human Resource Education & Management (IWP), and the LMU Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center (LMU IEC). This course is a compulsory prerequisite for business administration and WiPäd bachelor students in their second semester.
Students learn how to develop business models (using the Business Model Canvas tool) under qualified supervision and assistance of trained mentors from several institutes of the Munich School of Management. Course participants gain theoretical knowledge and in parallel, they create and develop a business model for real start-ups in small teams.
Eight lectures impart the theoretical background necessary for developing the business model (e.g., how to conduct a market analysis or to identify customer value). Additionally, students will get qualified in soft skills (e.g., conflict management or teamwork) during several practical sessions.
Student teams regularly present their results and their progress during the semester. Experienced mentors feedback the content in detail.
The course is taught in English and business models are documented in English.
Important dates 2023
- Application deadline for students
10.02.2023 - 27.03.2023
- Application deadline for start-ups
Monday: 08.05, 15.05, 22.05, 05.06, 12.06, 19.06.2023
- Closing event
- Please note: you need to register in order to attend the course!
- If you are a student and need further information, please visit the IWP homepage and register yourself in LSF (link to LSF over IWP homepage).
- If you are a start-up and need further information, please visit the LMU IEC homepage