Master Seminar: "Empirical Research in New Product Development"
What is this course about?
New product ideas abound in organizations. To select the best opportunity spaces and most promising ideas, companies have to develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace and competitive dynamics. This course leverages data on global new product introductions to explore critical questions in the management of new products.
What will I gain from this course?
This course provides students with an opportunity to connect managerial questions in new product development to both empirical and theoretical evidence. Students will identify relevant extant literature (theoretical and empirical), formulate a specific research question, and assess data provided in the seminar towards answering the selected research question. This seminar also serves as a preparation for students who are interested in writing a master thesis on topics related to innovation.
How is the course conducted?
- You will do all of your work in English, and we will deliver all instruction in English.
- We are following a block format for this course.
- If you are interested in pursuing a Master Thesis at the IIM, completing a seminar at IIM is a prerequisite. (Please also see the guidelines for Master Theses on the ISC website).
- To most effectively provide guidance to students, the maximum number of participants is 20.
- Please note that attendance at all sessions (even on days when you are not scheduled to present) is mandatory.
- Per examination guidelines, your attendance at the kick-off session makes your participation in the seminar binding.
- Course credit: 6 ECTS
What is the course schedule?
All administrative information can be found in the LSF.
For more information please contact Christopher Holfeld firstname.lastname@example.org